Monday, July 16, 2007

Comment Feature


Jessica said...
oh my oh my i'm so glad you started this blog! your posts are insightful and so... inside-y!

i'm here (in hk) for two weeks and am wondering if you could please give me some tips. i really want to go exploring in laforet and causeway plaza... is the stuff on kowloon side all that different?

THanKS MUCHLY!



Hi Jessica!
I shop on Kowloon side mostly because I live in Sai Kung and it's closer than going to HK island but there are a few spots that are definitely worth checking out; Granville Road, Granville Circuit, Ladies Market, Argyle Centre. and if you have time, Lion Rock Road.

Tsim Sha Tsui is stocked full of big brand names in Ocean Terminal, Gateway and Nathan Road but Granville Road is a grand exception. Granville is my favourite shopping area in the whole of Hong Kong because it's one road with all the shops I love; Izzue, In Fashion, Maple, b+ab etc, then there's Rise Shopping Arcade at 52A Granville Circuit which is full of local designers' goodness. Although I love Granville it's not that much different to the stuff you would find in Causeway Bay.

However if you venture to Mong Kok, Ladies Market on Tung Choi Street is totally unique to Kowloon side. It's the best place to bargain and to buy anything from fashionable shoes to fake designer handbags and copy clothes, even wacky things like frilly elephant mens underwear. Behind the stalls if you look carefully you'll be able to find Me & George which varies from time to time in fabulousness. It's a second hand store with whole racks of old mens waistcoats, leather jackets and other forgotten fashions and everything is incredibly cheap. I bought a waistcoat for $HK30. Fa Yuen Street, parallel to Ladies Market is a sporty alternative.

Argyle Centre!!! How I love Argyle centre, beautifully stylish necklaces and earings for $20 a piece and other such fashions similar to Granville Circuit.

Kowloon City is an even cheaper variation to Granville. Take a taxi from Lok Fu MTR and explore Lion Rock Road for a range of trendy clothes. Sometimes Lion Rock Road is pretty bland and you can get through it in 10 minutes so I suggest only going if you're feeling adventurous to go all that way, if it doesn't work out go watch a movie in Kowloon City Plaza.

Shopping in and around Causeway Bay is amazingly easy with everything pretty close together. Laforet is a great mall for cutesy local and imported fashions. Don't forget to check out Island Beverly just up the road on George Street which is my favourite mall in Causeway Bay.

I could go on and on...
I hope this helped!

Loveeeee,
Laura

*Check out SmartTravel Asia shopping guide for a look at the whole of Hong Kong.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

I really like your site. Excellent content. Please continue posting such profound cotent.

Anonymous said...

Its awesome all of the time to view how folks can compose wonderful stuff about people topics! Thank you and I ve bookmarked you