Sunday, July 8, 2007

Introduction

Hi.

I live in the amazing city of Hong Kong and have so for 16 years. This makes me a permanent citizen with a bitchin' ID card that allows me to get in and out of the country with just a thumb print. This also makes me a local and in my mind partly Chinese. I love HK style and its unique quirkiness. It's fashionable population seems a bit shy in comparison to the cutthroat runway capitals of the world. Style here is not used as a weapon making it a subdued mecca that craves attention.

Anyone who lives in Hong Kong knows how stylish its inhabitants can be. Although it's profile has risen of late with certain designers hosting massive shows it still has talent and style that is majorly overlooked. Indepenent shops and labels are festooning and I wish to find them and tell everyone about them. I hope to also profile the local fashions, designers and scenesters of Hong Kong.

Get dressed HK because I'm coming to snap you up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're going to make me miss hk shopping so much. because of this, i've decide that when i go back at christmas, i'm going with an empty suitcase... which will be full when i return!